Forum Discussion

2 days ago

Premier 12.5. email other then Outlook

Hello, Have just moved my Premier 12.5 from a server directly to our PC and now it won't email. Message says 'An email session could not be started. Please check your MAPI installation.'

My IT lady tells me it's probably a conflict with something I've added to the new computer, most likely dropbox or some similar online program. 

As I now need dropbox (no longer using a server) is there any other email program that Premier can work with other then Outlook? 

I might still encounter the same problem but it's worth a shot.

Thanks

Chris

p.s. I haven't tried removing dropbox to test this as I'm too scared of losing all the data that's on db and don't know my way around it well enough to risk it.

4 Replies

Liz_A
    Valued User

Hi WindspeedKites 

There may be a couple of things causing the problem but if your system has MS Office installed as a 64 Bit version, this causes the Office links to no longer work. You can reinstall as Office as 32 Bit to fix it if you are not on Windows 11 (only allows 64 Bit). If this is not the case, search the web for the error to see other possibilities. You can do a workaround in the meantime by using "Send to" Disk and saving onto your PC, then attach to an email. Print to .PDF and attach to an email also works. It's a bit time consuming but it will allow you to continue in the meantime.

Cheers

Liz

• Thanks Liz, I see I've got Office on my PC in both Program Files and again in Program Files (x86). I'll delete the x86 set and give it a try. 

As an aside, as someone who knows next to nothing about computers, it continues to amaze and delight me how, no matter how obscure and rare an issue is, those of you 'in the know' always seem to know an answer :) You are collectively truly amazing!

Liz_A
        Valued User

Hi WindspeedKites 

I don't recommend deleting Office - you are better to do an uninstall and download the Office 32 Bit version to reinstall to avoid problems. The download and install can take quite a while so you need to allow some time. This still may not be the problem, so best to lookup how to find which version you are running and work from there.

Cheers

Liz

• p.s. I had the workaround but was trying to avoid doing that 127 times a month!  enjoy...