Forum Discussion

bamma
Trusted Cover User
4 years ago
Solved

GST Summary (Cash) Report - Times Out

anyone else having problems getting GST Summary (Cash) Report up, it Times Out my end.

I had this problem Dec 2019 then an upgrade fixed the problem & now here we go again, just can't get it up.

All other reports I need for the Accountant are fine, no problem, gut the GST Summary - Cash Report.

Cheers

21 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi bamma 

Thanks for your post.  Can I get you to close AccountRight completely and then sign back into that company file and see if you can run the report? If that doesn't resolve your issue can you please send me the diagnostic log so that I can investigate.

Additionally you may also want to apply the timeout extender

Please let me know how you go with this 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

bamma
      Trusted Cover User

Tracey, logging out & back in was my first option.

Time Out extender was applied to system back when I first had an issue with this back in Dec 2019  it didn't help.

A later upgrade seemed to solve the problem until that update came through with a fix.

There were other people having a problem accessing this report too back then.

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

Hi bamma 

If I could clarify a couple of things:

The issue in the 2019.4 release was caused by a General Journal without a tax code and generated the error "There's no information to display" when the report opened. This issue was resolved in a later update. If I understand your post correctly you receive the error "Operation Timeout" and the report doesn't open. This indicates that it is a different issue to 2019.4.

The Timeout Extender is computer and version specific, this means that you do need to apply it to each new update if it is required. The extender wouldn't have helped with the 2019.4 issue as that was not a timeout, however, it may resolve it this time and would be worth a try.

Please do provide that diagnostic log previously requested so that I can see what is causing the report to fail. If I have misunderstood your issue please also provide a screenshot of the error you are receiving.

Also wanted to let you know that you can still work offline by backing up your file and restoring to the desktop. When you are ready to work online, back up the file and restore online.

bamma
      Trusted Cover User

Tracey,  the only way I got the reports last time when having issues, someone said go OFFLINE & print it & weirdly it worked.  But now no one can go offline anymore so can't try that again.