Forum Discussion

Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
2 years ago
Solved

2023.5 API changes

Hi, the latest news release about 2023.5 includes an API improvement: "Implemented changes to better identify deleted transactions from the Public API, resulting in faster calls and better performanc...
    2 years ago

To answer my own question, in Feb23 this endpoint was released, and there was a change made in 2023.5 as further explained by Hannah at the API support team: 

"When we first release this endpoint last month there was a bug with the DatePosted field - Deleted transactions now look at the LastModified field on calls as opposed to the DatePosted field that is used for all other transaction statuses. This is due to deleted transactions not updating the DatePosted field when deleted but the LastModified does capture that".

We (DataWise) are delighted to find this endpoint, which will probably solve a long-standing issue whereby transactions are deleted in the clients' files but remain in our local database.

In the February release, my attention was taken by the new BillOfMaterials endpoint, which has allowed us to develop component usage reports, so I missed this gem.