Forum Discussion
I’m also running into the exact same 504 Gateway Timeout on /tpa/api/consent. It’s happening across both our production company file and sandbox environment. Fortunately, token refreshes for existing connections are still functioning normally.
Harvey_W ROC_MYOB
Harvey, thank you for posting. That is the first independent confirmation I have had, and it changes what this is.
Where this now stands. Two separate customers are hitting HTTP 504 on POST /tpa/api/consent, and in Harvey's case it affects both production and sandbox. On my side it reproduces outside my application entirely, in a clean browser session, with two different registered redirect URIs. The response headers show the 504 is generated by CloudFront after a 30 second origin timeout, not by the application. I supplied the x-amz-cf-id for one of the failures to ROC_MYOB (Ryan) on 9 September, and I appreciate him asking for it.
The timeline from my side:
4 September, 07:53 to 08:40 AEST, first failures
4 September, 09:00, emailed MYOB Developer Support. No reply, and no automated acknowledgement
4 September, posted here
5 September, support ticket submitted. Six days later it is still sitting at Open with no response
11 September, a second customer reports the identical fault
I want to be specific about why this matters rather than simply complain about the wait.
Both Harvey and I have noted that token refreshes for existing connections still work. That is not a mitigation. It is a countdown. Re-authorisation is the component that is broken, so any event that ends a stored grant, whether a refresh token reaching the end of its life, a revocation, or a transient error that causes an integration to discard its token, leaves a production integration with no way back in. There is no manual workaround, because the manual path is the consent screen that is returning 504.
This is not a degraded feature. It is a latent total outage for every affected integration, and neither of us can tell how long we have before it lands.
What I am asking for:
- Confirmation that this is a known fault and that someone is working on it. Yes or no is fine. Seven days without acknowledgement on an authentication endpoint is the part I am struggling with, more than the fault itself.
- An incident or reference number covering it, so this is not tracked as two unrelated tickets from two customers.
- The refresh token lifetime for the granular sme-* scopes. If it is finite, that is our deadline, and at the moment we are being asked to plan around something we cannot see.
- Written confirmation that completing a new consent does not revoke or rotate an existing grant. I have now asked this twice. Until it is answered I cannot safely retry the consent flow to check whether the fault has cleared, because a failed attempt could cost me the working token my production system is currently running on.
I will provide anything that helps, including logs, headers, client id, timestamps or a call at short notice. What I cannot do is keep waiting without knowing whether anyone is looking at it.
Looking for something else?
Search the Community Forum for answers or find your topic and get the conversation started!
Learn, solve, grow
Level up your skills and find answers across all MYOB products