Forum Discussion

JANELLE
Experienced Cover User
13 days ago

CLOUD FILE DELETED BUT STILL BEING CHARGED

As you can see Cloud File was taken down but have noticed that we are still being charged 3rd April $141 and same again on 6th May.  Could you please organise a refund for this payment as we should not be being charged.

Regards

Janelle

Hi JANELLE,

Doreen_P (MYOB Moderator) posted a new reply in AccountRight: Installing and upgrading on 10-04-2024 04:41 PM:

Re: DELETING CLOUD FILE

Hi @Janelle,

As per checking your account, I can confirm that your company 8 with serial number ending in 0861 was successfully removed from the cloud.

Feel free to post again anytime if you require further assistance. 

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

Best regards,

Doreen

3 Replies

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Janelle,

Thanks for your post.

Upon checking your account, only a file removal from the cloud has been done. With that, it will only allow you to have the option to put another file in the cloud. If you want to have the file deducted from your monthly subscription, a file cancellation is needed. This way, the file will be read-only and can no longer enter any transactions.

Regarding the refund, we will need request for file cancellation before we can proceed with refund. We can only include for the month of May since the file was removed from the cloud in April. We require 10 days before the end of the month so that it will not be billed to you since we are issuing monthly invoices every first week of the month.

For you to be able to not be charged every month for the file, we may need to cancel it. If you wish to proceed, let me know so I can create a request.

Best regards,

Doreen

JANELLE
      Experienced Cover User

Hi Doreen,

My understanding was that if file was not in the Cloud it would then become a local file which you could use and enter data without any monthly cost. This company is being wound up but will have to wait until the FY2324 has been completed. IS there a way we can have the monthly fee dispensed with.

Many thanks

Janelle

Doreen_P
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Janelle,

You're absolutely right! When you remove a file from the cloud, it becomes a local file, but it's still part of your monthly subscription. If you want to stop the fee for a specific file, you'll need to cancel it. I recommend keeping it active for the rest of this financial year. Once that's done, we can address the May invoice separately.

Feel free to post again anytime if you require further assistance. 

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

Best regards,

Doreen