Forum Discussion

bluestar-1
Experienced User
3 years ago
Solved

Already Reconciled Item has appeared as un Reconciled

I have a single item reappear as un-reconciled in the current quarter in my bank account, when it has already been reconciled in Nov last year.  Not sure how to deal with it.  I note that the Last Reconciled Balance on the current  Reconciliation Report is out by that amount, but the two previous Reconciliation Reports are correct.  It won't let me reconcile unless I mark this old transaction.  Any suggestions please?

Thanks.

Annette

• Hi Komal,

Thanks for replying.  The statement dates didn't match, but since I posted my problem, I discovered that if I went backwards de-reconciling the two previous quarters, then re-reconciling them, the problem went away.  Everything married up properly.  It was a bit tedious, so I will keep a note of your suggestions re entering a fake future date in case this comes up again.  It would be much quicker.  Thank you for your help.  Much appreciated.

Annette

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Komal_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi bluestar-1 

If you're using MYOB AccountRight, sometimes this can happen due to a glitch in the reports. So we can confirm that's the issue, can you please do the following:

1. Check Last Reconciled date on Reconcile Accounts window.
    2. Go to Reports > Banking > Cheques and Deposits > Reconciliation Report
    3.  Select Advanced Filters
    4.  Select Individual bank account > OK
    5.  Select Change Entered Statement Date to List of Recorded Statement Dates and Run Report
    6. Click on Statement Date to see all statement dates

If the latest date on this report does not match the last reconciled date on the reconcile accounts window, that means there is an issue with the report. In order to correct it, take a backup of your file, and

1. Go to Banking > Reconcile Accounts
    2. Enter a fake date after the latest statement date: e.g. 01/08/2023. Ignore the message about the transaction being future-dated.
    3. Enter the Calculated Statement Balance into the Closing Statement Balance field, so that the Out of Balance is $0.00
    4. Press the Reconcile button. This should then allow you undo the 'fake' reconciliation and any other future dated transactions and the transactions should show up correctly in the reconciliation window.

Let me know how you go on. 

bluestar-1
      Experienced User

Hi Komal,

Thanks for replying.  The statement dates didn't match, but since I posted my problem, I discovered that if I went backwards de-reconciling the two previous quarters, then re-reconciling them, the problem went away.  Everything married up properly.  It was a bit tedious, so I will keep a note of your suggestions re entering a fake future date in case this comes up again.  It would be much quicker.  Thank you for your help.  Much appreciated.

Annette