Forum Discussion

STONE
Trusted Cover User
4 years ago
Solved

bank rec

Hi ,    It seems  my bank rec does not balance. followed the  help  steps, but  something is not right.  thoses instructions  dont add up, ?   My previous month is all  balanced . Aug does not.  How ...
    4 years ago

Hi STONE 

Thank you for your post. Can I please confirm if the Help Article you are referring to is: Resolving out of balance bank reconciliations? Have you checked:

• If you set up a bank account and carry over an opening balance? If so, have you performed an initial bank reconciliation? 
    • Did you type the correct figure in the Closing Statement Balance field? You need to type the closing balance from your bank statement, not the opening balance.
    • Did you enter the correct date (that of the closing balance from your bank statement) in the Bank Statement Date field? An incorrect date may prevent some transactions from appearing in the list.
    • Did you select all the transactions that appear on the bank statement? If not, some transactions might not have been accounted for in the reconciled balance.
    • Did you select, by mistake, a transaction that didn’t appear on your bank statement? If yes, you need to deselect this transaction.

If you have followed the above steps and August is still out of balance, please let us know and we will investigate further for you.