Forum Discussion

Sarah_21
Cover User
10 months ago

Inactive Bank feeds

We have an inactive bank account in our accounts list and it has also been cancelled.

Everytime we open the Bank Feeds screen, the inactive bank account still shows as the default in the Accounts drop down list. 

How do we remove the inactive bank account from showing in the drop down list?

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Isaiah_C
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Sarah_21,

Thank you for the post and for letting us know your concern. I'm sorry to hear that you've had this experience and I'll be glad to assist you with this. Making an account inactive will remove that account from appearing in the select list or in the dropdown arrow in the Bank Feeds screen. If it's still showing as your default bank account, the only way to get rid of it would be to delete the bank account via Edit >> Delete Account. However, if transactions have been recorded against it or it is a linked account, you can't delete it. Please let me know how it goes.

Please let me know if you need further help.

Kind regards,

Sai

Sarah_21
      Cover User

The accounts are marked inactive but are still defaulting when we open up the bank feeds tab. As there is previous transactions on this account, is there really no way to prevent the accounts from showing up?

PriyaSelvaraj
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Sarah_21 

Thanks for the update.

I would recommend editing the Account number in the Chart of Accounts, to move this specific inactive to the bottom of the account list.

The default account on Banking Windows gets linked automatically based on the first account number that appears on the chart of accounts.

Hope this helps. Reach out if you need further help.

Cheers

Priya Selvaraj

Isaiah_C
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Sarah_21,

Thank you for your patience. Do you still need assistance with this? Please let us know if you still need help and we'll be glad to assist you.

Please let me know if you need further help.

Kind regards,

Sai