Forum Discussion

SusieExpTech
Experienced Cover User
4 years ago
Solved

Prepare Electronic Payments holds negative values

PLEASE HELP   I had 2 invoice payments returned to my bank feed because the supplier changed banks.   I amended the new bank account in the suppliers card and I reversed the paid invoices. At end...
    4 years ago

Hi SusieExpTech 

Thanks for your post. If I understand what you've done correctly your Undeposited funds account still has those amounts outstanding so doesn't reconcile either. To clear both the electronic payments window and undeposited funds account:-

1. go to Prepare Electronic payments
    2. select the negative transactions
    3. click on Bank File, because it's a negative figure this will record the transfer transaction in AccountRight without creating an ABA file. There will now be a deposit in your bank account.
    4. go to Prepare Bank Deposit
    5. select the negative transactions
    6. click on Record, this will transfer the amount to the bank account as a withdrawal
    7. you should now have a deposit and a withdrawal for the same amount in the Reconcile Accounts window, tick both transactions as they clear each other out.

Going forward the best process for this situation is:

1. go to Transaction Journal and find the electronic payment transaction (not the Pay Bills transactions)
    2. reverse the electronic payment transaction, this creates a deposit in your bank account which you match with the refund bank transaction. It also puts the Pay Bills transactions back into the Prepare Electronic Payments window
    3. go to Prepare Electronic Payments 
    4. create the new bank file for uploading in your bank

You don't need to reverse the Pay Bills transaction because the software will pull the updated bank details from the supplier card at the time of creating the ABA file. And you don't need to record a Receive Money transaction as the reversal creates the deposit transaction in your bank account.

If you do reverse the Pay Bills transactions:

1. go to Prepare Electronic payments
    2. select the negative transactions
    3. click on Bank File, because it's a negative figure this will record the transfer transaction in AccountRight without creating an ABA file. There will now be a deposit in your bank account.
    4. match that deposit with the bank transaction for the returned amounts
    5. don't record a Receive Money transaction

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.