Forum Discussion

kikidedes
Partner
5 years ago
Solved

Re-starting Bank Feeds after 6 months

I have a client who was using bank feeds to reconcile their accounts. But after hiring a new staff member to take over, this staff member refused to learn how to use the bank feed to reconcile and would manually reconcile the bank accounts.

The staff member has left and the client wishes to go back and use the bank feed to reconcile their bank accounts. How do i accomplish this when there is a large 6 month bank feed that is unreconiled? 

I am thinking, If I cancel the bank feed will the unreconciled transactions be deleted?

Then i will reapply for a new bank feed (with the same banking details) and start fresh?

• Hi kikidedes 

Bank Feeds will come through to an AccountRight business and wait for the user to select Get Transactions, that is if they are not automated pulled through. If those bank feeds are not required, after receiving them into the company file they can be hidden by the user by right-clicking on the transaction and selecting Hide Transaction. Note: This does need to be done individually, there is no bulk hide option.

In saying that, and hearing the situation, I would have thought that if you have an employee that has since left the company you want to ensure that the potential transactions that they had entered (if any) have been entered correctly and truthfully. Having those bank transactions come in would be able to see that what transactions have come through the bank account and to ensure that they should have occurred and were done correctly.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi kikidedes 

Bank Feeds will come through to an AccountRight business and wait for the user to select Get Transactions, that is if they are not automated pulled through. If those bank feeds are not required, after receiving them into the company file they can be hidden by the user by right-clicking on the transaction and selecting Hide Transaction. Note: This does need to be done individually, there is no bulk hide option.

In saying that, and hearing the situation, I would have thought that if you have an employee that has since left the company you want to ensure that the potential transactions that they had entered (if any) have been entered correctly and truthfully. Having those bank transactions come in would be able to see that what transactions have come through the bank account and to ensure that they should have occurred and were done correctly.