Forum Discussion

DWhite120
Contributing User
2 years ago
Solved

Long Service Leave calculating differently month to month

Hi,  I have one employee who has long service leave accruals but the accrual calculated differently from last month.  Does anyone know of a reason for this?

Tracey_H
    2 years ago

Hi DWhite120 

Thanks for those screenshots. Is the employee card>>Entitlements tab screenshot the employee whose LSL didn't accrue correctly in that payrun? If it is, the hours in the Year-to-Date column is 32.928 which is the Hours per year entered as the Calculation Basis in the LSL accrual payroll category. This would indicate that the software has done an automatic adjustment in that June payrun to ensure that 32.928 is accrued for the year.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi DWhite120 

Thanks for your post. Leave accruals are calculated based on the Calculation Basis selected in the leave entitlement payroll category. If you have selected Equals % of Gross Hours check the amount of gross hours paid this month compared to last month. Also check for any payroll categories not paid in both months.

If leave should not be accrued on a particular payroll category make sure it has been excluded from calculations by opening the leave entitlement payroll category and clicking on Exempt.

Long service leave

If you need further assistance with this please provide detailed information including screenshots of the leave entitlement payroll category and the pay transactions. Make sure sensitive information is removed from screenshots prior to posting on the public Forum.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

DWhite120
    Contributing User

Hi,

Our LSL is set at per month and I am not sure why this is calculating differently from everyone elses.

Joe Blogs worked 164.67 hours this month and received an accrual of 2.744

James Cogg worked 164.67 hours this month and received an accrual of 2.225

They did the same hours last month and both had accruals of 2.744

Neither took leave.  very confused.

Thanks

Tracey_H
      Former Staff

Hi DWhite120 

So that I can look into this for you can you please send the following screenshots:

1.  the leave entitlement payroll category 
      2. the pay transactions, Transaction Journal>>Payroll tab>>locate and open the pay transaction by clicking on the zoom arrow
      3. the employee cards>>Payroll Details tab>>Entitlements window

Make sure the employee names and address are blacked out in those screenshots. You can use the Microsoft snipping tool to create those screenshots and balck out the employee information, then click on Photos to upload on your Forum post.