Forum Discussion

Mathilda
Trusted User
19 days ago

Recording a transfer between bank accounts from bank feed

Good Afternoon - If we transferred money from our cheque account to the credit card account (both accounts on bank feed), do I record it from both sides as transfer or just from the one side (eg cheque account bank feed) and hide the transaction on the other side (credit card bank feed)?  I am struggling to reconcile my bank accounts. 

2 Replies

• Hi Genreve_S  Thanks for your reply.  I have actually read these instructions first when I searched for an answer before posting.  So first of all I can't see the options described in the instructions from the bank menu (on my command centre) and secondly, it looks like the transaction has to be recorded from both sides, which I have done but when I tried to reconcile my cheque account (have not attempted reconciling the card account yet) I ended up with double entries for those transfers.

Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Mathilda

I get that you want to make sure all your entries are correct. There's a specific function for this in the app called Transfer Money, which you can find under Accounts in the Command Centre. Check out the article 'Transferring Money Between Accounts' for more details.

If you need any other help, feel free to start a new thread in the forum.

Thanks,
    Genreve