Forum Discussion

2 years ago

BAS Total Sale G1 on GST return report is difference to Total Sale Report for a quarter

Hi, 

I have generated the GST return report which appear the G1 total sale AMT (included GST) as $62,688.37

However, when I generate the customer sale detailed report which shows the total sale (included GST) $58,526.99

I have checked all invoices transaction (income) which all have tax code as GST. 

Why there is a huge discrepancy please?

Thanks

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Celia_B
    MYOB Moderator

Hi HaiTran 

Thanks for your post and Welcome to the Community Forum.

The GST report lists all transaction recorded based on the tax code used. while the GST return report shows the GST summary for Activity Statement purposes. 

I'd suggest double check the sales transactions recorded with your accountant or with ATO to determine if a different tax code should be used, or if they should be recorded as negative purchases so they can be correctly reported in the Activity statement. 

Let me know if you require any further assistance with this. I'm happy to assist you.

If my response has answered your inquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers, 

Cel