Forum Discussion

2 months ago
Solved

Returned Payment Handling

I transferred money to pay an invoice and it was returned, so I then resent it with the correct bank transfer details. My problem is that I now have the returned payment sitting in my bank feeds and I do not know how to assign the payment as it looks like it's income but it isn't.

• Hi Katrina2010

Thanks for your post. I get that you wanted to clear the returned payment sitting in your bank feed window. The best way to deal with a returned payment is to reverse the transaction. That will leave the original payment matched with the bank feed transaction and create a credit that can be matched with the refunded amount. The transaction will be open so that you can reprocess it. See this helpful article about working with bank transactions for more details.

Feel free to post again if you need any further assistance.

Kind regards,

Shella

1 Reply

Shella_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Katrina2010

Thanks for your post. I get that you wanted to clear the returned payment sitting in your bank feed window. The best way to deal with a returned payment is to reverse the transaction. That will leave the original payment matched with the bank feed transaction and create a credit that can be matched with the refunded amount. The transaction will be open so that you can reprocess it. See this helpful article about working with bank transactions for more details.

Feel free to post again if you need any further assistance.

Kind regards,

Shella