Forum Discussion

booktobook
Contributing User
6 days ago

Security settings

I need to change my security settings so that I can delete or change transactions.  I am working off a browser ( on a MAC) and cannot easily access the desktop app with the business file on it (PC windows).  I cannot seem to find any info on how to do this and cannot believe it is so difficult when it's just a tick box on windows.  Can anyone help please?

Isaiah_C
    MYOB Moderator

Hi booktobook,

Could you please let me know the specific error message you're seeing when you try to delete or change the transaction? Understanding the exact error will help us resolve the issue more efficiently.

Just in case if the system isn't allowing you to delete or change transactions because of the limitation of your access, you might need specific permissions. I recommend contacting your administrator to grant you the necessary access. Once that's done you should be able to proceed.

Regards,

Sai 

booktobook
      Contributing User

Attached are both error messages I receive trying to delete credit notes or payments.  I am the administrator and I have full access.  I now work solely from the browser as I am home-based.  The file is also on the office desktop which is where I could likely change the security settings but I cannot access the office based desk top computer anymore.   I should be able to do it from the browser.  I have also closed and reopened the window as per the error message and I have logged out of the file and logged back in but it makes no difference.

I hope that you can assist.

Isaiah_C
        MYOB Moderator

Hi booktobook,

This option is only available in desktop version. Here's the link on how to do it.

Regards,

Sai