Forum Discussion

Dave_C
Cover User
2 months ago
Solved

Bank Transactions Screen default dates wrong

Every time I go to the Bank Transactions s screen (from the Dashboard or directly), the display period defaults to a calendar year.

If I hit the reset button, it will adjust it to the last 3 months, which is OK, or I can set it for this financial year (or some other period of course), but these settings are not retained and the next time I go to the screen it will again show me the calendar year (which isn't even a display option).

Its not a huge problem, but it is annoying as I keep getting the little warning message about locked transactions.

How do I correct this?

• Hi dave_c,

As I understand it, the web app should remember your filters. When you close and return to the bank transaction window, your filters should still be in place. If the app isn't remembering your filters, it might be an issue with your browser cache. I recommend clearing your browser cache, setting up the filter in the bank transaction window, closing the window, and then returning to see if the filters are retained.

If the issue persists after clearing the cache, it might be best to reach out to support for proper troubleshooting. You can connect with our virtual assistant, MOCA, for prompt support through this link: myob.com/support. If MOCA can't help, you'll be automatically directed to our live chat team.

Let us know if you need any other assistance.

Thanks,
    Genreve

6 Replies

Shella_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Dave_C

I appreciate your post and the picture you've provided.

I get that every time you go to the Bank Transactions page, it automatically shows a calendar year. You have to manually change it to the time frame you want. This can be a bit bothersome. When you're looking at a transaction dated May 20, 2023, which falls within the locked period, you'll get a warning message because the locked period is before July 1st, 2023. This means any transactions you pull up before this date will give you a warning message. To avoid this, you could manually adjust the date to after the locked period when viewing bank transactions. If you're an admin, you can change the lock date. If not, you'll need to record the transaction with a date later than the lock date. For more information, you can check out this article about how lock periods work.

Feel free to post again anytime you require further assistance.

Kind regards,

Shella

Dave_C
      Cover User

Thanks Shella

I think you have missed the point - I know I can use the drop down to select a different period, or, as Admin, I can change the lock date but these are not the problem.

The problem is that when I go to the Bank Transactions page, it defaults to a Period of 12 months - I want to have it 'remember' the period I select so that each time I go back to the page, it shows me that period 

I'd even be happy if it displayed the apparent intended default which is 3 months (that's what it shows if I hit the reset button)

Shella_A
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Dave_C

Thanks for the clarification. I get that you want the bank transaction window to remember or to set a default, which you intended for the 3-month selected period each time you view the transaction. Currently, the Bank Transactions page (accessible via the Banking menu) lets you search for a particular status of a transaction and for a selected period, which we can't set to a default one.

However, I know how this can save you a lot of time. I encourage that you take a moment to post on the MYOB Business Ideas Exchange board for consideration. You're welcome to share your thoughts with us.

In the meantime, feel free to let us know if you need any other assistance.

Kind regards,

Shella