Forum Discussion

Jenny_Malcolm91
Contributing User
28 days ago

Out of balance bank reconciliation

This has occurred since the MYOB upgrade with the 31st May 2023 bank reconciliation. Everything went array where the closing bank statement balance was wildly inaccurate, also the calculated balance.

The MYOB transactions for the April/May period match the bank transactions exactly. Because of the changes, I can't access prior reconciliations to check the last balance. I also can't access un-reconciled transactions to be able to fix this.

I need help! Please!

Jenny Malcolm

1 Reply

Shella_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Jenny_Malcolm91

It's clear to say you're having some bank reconciliation issues after the MYOB upgrade. It's a bit complex, but no worries. You need to trace back to a month where the balance was zero. This will help you find the problematic transactions in the next month. Compare the reconciliation report with the bank statement to identify these transactions. Correct them and re-concile. Repeat this until there are no more issues. If you can't access prior reconciliations or unreconciled transactions due to the upgrade, it might be a system issue. You can visit myob.com/support or myaccount.myob.com for help. MOCA, our virtual assistant, can assist you. If MOCA can't help, you'll be directed to our live chat team. They have more tools to help you out. Let me know if you have other queries!

Kind regards,

Shella