Forum Discussion

9 days ago

Received a payment from AMEX Group

Hi All

We've just set up online payment of invoices. It's been working fine with the 'possible match' function (although it is frustrating having to go to a different report to see who has actually paid).

However, today i have a deposit from AMEX Group for an amount that matches 11 different invoices (we provide vehicle inspection services and the fees are set) and there is nothing in the online payment report. The bank feed gives me a reference number but it doesn't match our invoice numbers. Has anyone received the same kind of deposit?

We have ANZ eftpos terminals at the workshops and i receive settlement reports on each reconciliation. Those terminals don't accept AMEX. The deposit looks very similar to the ANZ Merchant deposit description. 

Cheers

• Turns out our terminals do accept AMEX (havn't before), but it doesn't reconcile with the other card payments, or show up in settlements in the ANZ Merchant portal. The only indicator I can find is an individual transaction in the full transaction list. You can't even sort by AMEX, it's not an option.

Isaiah_C
      MYOB Moderator

Hi shenty,

It seems like the issue may be related to how the payment is being processed and reported through your terminals, especially since the deposit resembles the ANZ Merchant deposit description. To assist you more efficiently, please reach out to our live chat agents through our virtual assistant MOCA or submit a case via MyAccount.

Regards,

Sai