Forum Discussion

JB10
User
3 years ago
Solved

reconcile account - calculated closing balance not changing when new date selected

Hi. I have selected a new statement date and all of the sudden I am out of balance.

I selected previous dates to check what was going on - and all show this same calculated closing balance and the same out of balance amount.

Not sure what to do here...

• Hi JB10 

Thanks for your post. The Calculated closing balance is the last reconciliation balance plus transactions ticked in the Reconcile accounts window. As such, it will only change if transactions are ticked/unticked in that window or transactions become unreconciled. 

When reconciling an account make sure the Closing bank statement balance matches the closing balance on your bank statement, you may need to manually change this amount. Then as you tick transactions the Calculated closing balance will change until it is the same as the Closing bank statement balance and there is no out of balance amount.

These help articles have detailed information on reconciling your bank accounts:

Reconciling your bank accounts

Fixing out of balance bank reconciliations

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi JB10 

Thanks for your post. The Calculated closing balance is the last reconciliation balance plus transactions ticked in the Reconcile accounts window. As such, it will only change if transactions are ticked/unticked in that window or transactions become unreconciled. 

When reconciling an account make sure the Closing bank statement balance matches the closing balance on your bank statement, you may need to manually change this amount. Then as you tick transactions the Calculated closing balance will change until it is the same as the Closing bank statement balance and there is no out of balance amount.

These help articles have detailed information on reconciling your bank accounts:

Reconciling your bank accounts

Fixing out of balance bank reconciliations

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

JB10
      User

I didn't realise that the default had changed on the closing bank statement balance, or that I could adjust that value.

Easy to fix after that.