Forum Discussion

8 months ago
Solved

Reconciling overpaid invoices

How do I reconcile invoices where the client has overpaid the invoice?

• Hi Jymaugie

Thanks for posting your concern and welcome to the Community Forum. 

I understand how important recording payments and reconciling your accounts are. Generally, if your customer overpays the invoice, you will need to record the payment exactly how they paid it. This would result in the invoice having a credit, which you can access from Sales > Customer returns to either refund them or apply it to another invoice.  

I recommend reading through this article Customer returns, credits, and refunds. This would give you more understand on how overpayments work in the application. 

Let us know if you require any further assistance with this. We're happy to help. 

Cheers,

Genreve

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Jymaugie

Thanks for posting your concern and welcome to the Community Forum. 

I understand how important recording payments and reconciling your accounts are. Generally, if your customer overpays the invoice, you will need to record the payment exactly how they paid it. This would result in the invoice having a credit, which you can access from Sales > Customer returns to either refund them or apply it to another invoice.  

I recommend reading through this article Customer returns, credits, and refunds. This would give you more understand on how overpayments work in the application. 

Let us know if you require any further assistance with this. We're happy to help. 

Cheers,

Genreve