Forum Discussion

2 days ago

Accounting for Amex payments

Hi, I'm new to MYOB and I'm trying to figure out how to match the payment for my Business Amex card statement balance to the matching bank BPAY transaction. Do I just categorise them as Credit Card #1, or is there something else I need to do? Many thanks for your help!

• Thanks Doreen, I don't think you understood me. My Business Amex Statement balance is say $2000 and I make a BPAY payment from my Business bank account for $2000 to Amex. When these matching transactions show up in my bank transaction feeds, how do I categorise them? There doen't seem to be a 'Transfer between Accounts' option. Cheers, Cate

2 Replies

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi cqcooper

You can check first if the linked account on every transaction is correct. In addition to that, you may refer to this link for more information when matching bank transactions. Don't hesitate to post again if you encounter issues in the future.

Best regards,

Doreen

• Thanks Doreen, I don't think you understood me. My Business Amex Statement balance is say $2000 and I make a BPAY payment from my Business bank account for $2000 to Amex. When these matching transactions show up in my bank transaction feeds, how do I categorise them? There doen't seem to be a 'Transfer between Accounts' option. Cheers, Cate