Forum Discussion

5 months ago

Change email address and 2 factor email address

HI all

I have changed by email address successfully but the 2 factor authentication code is still going to my very old email address.  How do I change that 2 factor address as well, I assumed it would be automatic

1 Reply

Shella_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi TrishDR,

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the Community Forum.

My apologies for the late response. My understanding is that you're seeking to update your login email address and ensure that any future Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) codes are sent to this new email address. If that's the case, you can change your login email address directly from your My Account settings without needing to create a new user or undergo a complex process. Go to My Account >> Change Login >> Enter your new email address to swap the details over to the new email. After updating your login email in your My Account settings, you'll start receiving any future communications, including 2FA (two-factor authentication) codes, to this new email address if you've chosen the email method for receiving the codes.

Other ways are to:

• Go to the My Account menu, click your name at the top right, and choose Account Security. 
    • You will see 2FA is on, then click Change 2FA. This will ask you for an authenticator code.
    • Enter the code sent to your email, and then you will be prompted to choose how you will receive your 2FA code. On the bottom part, choose to use email instead. This will send the code to your login email.

Feel free to start a new post if you have any other queries. You may also reach out using our online help MOCA to ask questions anytime you get help.

Otherwise, if my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this. 

Kind regards,

Shella