Forum Discussion

KylieVWMB
Trusted Cover User
3 years ago

MYOB Business settings changed email

We have had an email that says banking details of all current and past employees has changed!  BUT none of them have changed and there is an hour and a half wait to call the number - Bloody pathetic service from MYOB - If this is a breach I will be taking this further with MYOB!

19 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • I have just received an email for Security Check: MYOB business settings have changed.  Each email (for each MYOB file) has multiple bank accounts that have changed.  I am the only person who has authority to do this for these files and one file is about to be closed.  On hold with MYOB (35 mins and waiting) but has anyone else had this today?  It feels like a security breach.

bleigh
      Experienced User

Yes, i just received three emails in 5 mins and wondering if there is a security risk as some of these files have been cancelled and relates to payroll records!!! On hold and says 35 mins plus.......

Wendyy
        Cover User

Thank you.  One of my files is also closed, so I know there has been no activity on that file for a year.  18 minutes on hold and I have just received another email.

KylieVWMB
      Trusted Cover User

Yes we have had this - did the same - said changed past and current employees bank details but it appears it hasnt -  We have changed our passwords as it sayd 95 minute hold for MYOB - Bloody pathetic! 

joc
      Experienced Cover User

Hi,

I have recived three MYOB emails for three of our companies informing me that someone has added the bank account details to our suppliers- We don't ever add bank details and now all our suppliers have bank details on MYOB?

I have asked everyone here and no one has added the bank details to our suppliers.

What is going on?

Please explain

JoC

nm_service
    Contributing Cover User

Ive just got the same email!  I tried to call MYOB - who can afford to stay on hold of over 1 hour! 

bleigh
      Experienced User

i have now have had 7 emails all different files....very concerning :(

bleigh
    Experienced User

i have had 7 emails in 10 mins all different files some no longer active , been on hold now for 30 minutues and very concerned client files have been breached , i too will be taking this further should it be a breach

BreeDeCunha
    Experienced User

I also have had 2 of these emails. One was for supplier banking details (we don't use this feature in MYOB) and one was for old employee banking details (all employees are no longer active) and we also don't use this feature in MYOB. Tried to call MYOB but it said estimated wait time is 70 mins, I just do not have time to wait that long. MYOB what is going on?????

SueH
      Partner

I have also had these emails, some current files and some old files. I suspect this isnt a security breach but something that is happening at MYOB. I am reasonably sure in the latest update, or coming very soon, when you set up your chart of accounts that you need to enter the bank details as a default so that ABA files can be generated. Perhaps supplier and payroll bank details will also become a default. This is why I think it is something going on in MYOB, perhaps they are working on these changes and this has triggered these emails. I am on hold and started with a 38 minute wait time and 40minutes later still have a 30 minute wait time. This long delay on the help line suggests this has happened to multiple people. If I get through eventually I will post the answer to this.

bleigh
    Experienced User

Just got through to someone and had no idea ... after 40 mins on hold got put back to the que and its going to be 47 mins ...what a joke!!!!!!

have our files had a security breach very concerning 7 emails in 10 minutes really considering leaving myob...

IanChait
      Ultimate Partner

Hi 

I also recieved these, but they are historical, so probably just another MYOB HO issue. Check the dates of the changes, mine go back as to 2018 for businesses that no longer operate, and no MYOB files exists.

• Hello there, yes us too, but our email says that the changes occured in 2019 and 2020 with a list of over 20 or so employees and creditors.  Weird!!!!

Melisa_D
      Former Staff

Hi Combinedsaw

Thanks for your post. Any changes dated before Monday 14th February 2022 can be ignored as the system upgrade triggered a small number of old notifications to be redistributed. More information on this is available on our MYOB Status page. 

Do let us know if you have any further questions.