Forum Discussion

Justin_Joung
Contributing User
5 months ago

I'd like to inquire about the tax on the disbursements.

I posted it 3 weeks ago but no one answered it, so I'm reposting it. My inquiries are as below.

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to seek clarification on a matter related to ABA files and their associated gross amounts.

I understand that if I make aba files during the current payroll business, I can check the total amount of each aba in Disclosure > Transaction Journal. But I don't see the gross amount when I check it on the menu, is there a way to check the gross amount for each aba file? Whenever I make aba files, not the total amount, I wonder about each gross amount.

Hope there's a way to check it out. Thanks for your help.

1 Reply

Shella_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Justin_Joung,

Thanks for your post.

My apologies for the late response. I understand that you wanted to know how to check the gross amount in every ABA file. We appreciate your reaching out regarding this. Allow me to assist you with this. The ABA file structure consists of three main records: the descriptive record, a detail record for each transaction, and the file total record at the end. The first character position of each new record indicates what type of record it is. However, there doesn't seem to be a direct feature within MYOB that allows you to view the gross amount for each ABA file.

The gross amount will not be directly visible in the ABA file, as it is primarily used for transactional information. The gross amount is usually calculated during the payroll process before the ABA file is created.

Please let me know if there's anything else I can assist you with.

Otherwise, if my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this.

Kind regards,

Shella