Forum Discussion

3 years ago

One or more fields exceed the maximum character limit

I keep getting message that one or more fields exceed the maximum character limit on payrun. I have checked notes and removed notes to new employee card. Prior to this week payruns have worked as they should.

• I have just tried setting up a new supplier card and have the same error. There is no indication of which line is too long :(

• Hi Maggie2018CJN

Thank you for your posts. This is something that has been raised with our teams, unfortunately the error message doesn't indicate which specific field is causing the issue. Our teams have recommended to reduce or remove the number of characters in each field one at a time until they Identify which field has too many characters and are able to save the changes to the employee card.

You may want to start with the Notes field, as this has been observed to be the issue for some users, but any field can cause the error. 

Do let me know how you go.

CJN

I didn't have time to experiment so I didn't save the record and started another one. This issue would easily be solved by limiting the charactors that can be entered rather than letting users enter whatever they want and then telling them that there is soething wrong somewhere on the page.

I started again and entered the same data , this time it let me save the record.