Forum Discussion

Tektite
Experienced User
2 years ago

One or more fields exceed the maximum character limit in Spend Money

I tried to enter a recurring spend money transaction for the first time, and I cannot save the transaction.  I get the following error message: One or more fields exceed the maximum character limit.

I prefilled from recurring and the only information I changed was the date.  I did not have this problem when I originally saved this transaction.

I don't know what field the message is referring to.  I have tried shortening the information in various fields, although this is not ideal.  Yet this has not helped.

I am using Google Chrome on an iMac.  I have refreshed the browser and emptied the cache with no improvement.  I would appreciate some help with this.

Tektite

• Hi Tektite,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum.

In this regard, we recommend clearing the cache and trying again, if this does not work you can try via a different browser. You can also delete the details of the contact that you will be using when creating a spend money transaction and then re-enter it.  

Please let us know if you require any further assistance with this. We are happy to assist.

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Kind Regards, 

Cel

Tektite
      Experienced User

Hi

I have had no success with your suggestions.  I still cannot do repeat transactions in Spend Money, which is frustrating as I have a  number of recurring transactions.  Yet I can enter an identical transaction in Spend Money as long as I don't use the Recurring transaction feature.

I am using Google Chrome with an iMac.  The OS is Ventura 13.3.

Tektite

Celia_B
        MYOB Staff

Hi Tektite,

Thank you for getting back to us and providing an update on the issue. Sorry to hear that you still have the issue. Sorry for the inconvenience.  

Can you please try to click into the chart of accounts, click into a bank account electronic payments are paid out of, then reduce the bank description name field (it can be maximum of 20 characters), then click save.  

I hope this helps and let me know how you go about the issue. 

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Thanks, 

Cel