Forum Discussion

4Annette
Experienced User
4 months ago

Other leave

I am trying to get my staff to put all their leave applications through the app..... after all that's the whole idea.

How ever they do not have the choice to choose 'other leave' such as compassionate or domestic violence which are both paid leave categories. It would be good if their was a 'other leave' category. not necessarily separate ones for those but a general one, where they could clarify this in the notes. 

Also they have difficulty applying for unpaid leave. If they have leave when they apply it automatically uses it. I know that fair work says this is how it works but it is not always appropriate. eg, if jenny knows she has to finish work half an hour early on Friday and she wants to let me know via the app and doesn't want to use half an hours leave pay. 

It would be great to be able to access all the leave applications for one employee in the same spot.... If I make it a wage category it won't show what they have used on the app?

Are there ways around these problems that I can't see?

• Hi 4Annette

I get your concerns about the Leave app. As of now, the app doesn't have a specific 'other leave' category for types like compassionate or domestic violence leave. See this helpful article about domestic violence leave for more details. The system uses available leave by default, so for unpaid leave, they might need to communicate this outside of the app. For accessing all leave applications for one employee in the same spot, this feature is not currently available. I know how this issue can be inconvenient, and I recommend posting this idea on our MYOB AccountRight Product Ideas Exchange board for feature consideration. Let me know if you have other queries!

Kind regards,
    Shella