Forum Discussion

B10_162
Experienced User
7 months ago
Solved

Special Rates

We have special rates setup for staff overtime, they are set in each employee's standard pay tab correctly but not coming through to the pay run. I can't believe MYOB are harping on about winning awards, this recent update has to be the worst implemantation of an upgrade, unbeliveble how many things are out of whack for a software service that's used to run people's business and payroll, these things need to be solid.

Shella_A
    6 months ago

Hi B10_162 and JamesWren1896,

Thanks for the response. 

Apologize for the late response. We appreciate your patience with this matter. We recommend opening the affected employee cards, going to ‘standard pay' and clicking 'save'. Please note the rate will be showing correctly there once you save it will also show correctly in pay runs. You may refer to the sample screenshot below. 

Do let us know how it goes. 

Cheers,

Shella

8 Replies

Shella_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi B10_162,

Thank you for you post. I'd like to extend you a warm welcome to the Community Forum. I hope you find it a valuable resource. 

Earnings and deductions are the extra parts of your employees' pay, in addition to their normal salary or wages. Depending on your business, this might include earnings like overtime allowances or bonuses. In this matter we recommend you double check the set-up of your staff overtime rate. This help article Creating earnings and deductions - NZ has all the detailed information and steps to assist you with this.

For future references, you may have a look at this help article Preparing for MYOB Essentials Upgrade Payroll - NZ this has all the information regarding with the upgrade. 

If you need further help, don't hesitate to start a new post and we'll be happy to assist.

Otherwise, if my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
    Shella

B10_162
      Experienced User

Thanks for that - it's broken.

In Pictures:

overtime rate set at 52.50

in pay run 1.25

So I have to manually enter for each staff member

Old system took me 20mins to do a pay run

New system = an hour

• We have just had the upgrade done over the weekend and I have exactly the same problem with 1.5 Overtime. Hourly rate against Employee is correct, Pay run comes up as 1.5.  Also have the same problem with Travel Time which is the same as base hourly rate.  Ok in employee, pay run says 1