Forum Discussion

stroltz
Experienced Cover User
12 months ago
Solved

Base hourly rate incorrect

Hi,

The employee card has the hourly rate set as $29.52 but every payslip for this employee it is lower.

Please help!

• Hi stroltz 

I'd check that the standard pays for this employee matches what is on other employees.

Interestingly 9.7 * 29.52 = 286.34

less 0.2 hrs per FN

0.2 * 29.52 = -5.90

Balance = $280.44 (which is pay calculated by MYOB)

You can set Fortnightly hours to 0.2, however on the Standard Pays screen, change the 0.2 to 0.0 - see if this solves the pay rate calculation issue.

When you use timesheets, the hours shown on Standard Pays are factored in (bug).

Regards

Gavin

11 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Sean_DC
    MYOB Moderator

Hi stroltz 

Thank you for your post. I'm glad to assist you.

There could be two reasons why it is showing differently or lower which is either rounding or manual changes made on Pay Slip

For the Rounding, you can change the rounding settings by going to Setup >> General Payroll Information. There is a field there to allow you to round up the nearest cent, if we set this to 100c then this will round to the nearest dollar. This depends on how you want it to be rounded. Please ask for assistance from your accountant if needed for the rounding.

Please feel free to post again. I'm happy to assist further.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

stroltz
      Experienced Cover User

Hi,

thanks for the reply.

We have not made manual changes to these payslips.

The rounding is set to "Round net pay down to a multiple of 5 cents" but that does not explain this.

It only for this employee that the base hourly rate is being automacitally changed to some weird figure?

gavin12345
        Ultimate User

Hi stroltz 

Perhaps point out how you process the payroll. Is it via timesheets? What did you enter on screen? The 9.7 hrs or the $280.44 (or both). What does the Standard Pay screen show on the Employee's Card > Payroll Details. Also where does the Annual Salary of $153.50 come from?

Regards

Gavin