Forum Discussion

14 days ago
Solved

Incorrect hourly rate for overtime

Hi I have an employee who has moved from casual to full time. When doing a pay run his hourly rate for overtime is still calculating as a casual. i.e He is on $40ph and his overtime hourly rates should convert back to $60 for time and half and $80 for double time but its including the casual 25% loading, being $70 and $90 respectively.  I can not delete him from the casual pay category as it wont let me. 

How can I fix this or have I done something wrong?

• Hi Shella

I couldn't deselect the employee off the pay item. I did create a Full Time Overtime pay item and this has worked thankyou.

3 Replies

Shella_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi allliftcranes

Welcome to the Community Forum!

It seems like the employee's payroll is still linked to the casual pay category, which is why the overtime rate is still including casual loading. You will need to update the employee's profile to reflect their change from casual to full-time. If the system doesn't allow you to delete the employee from the casual pay category, you will need to create a new pay category for full-time employees and assign the employee to that category. See this helpful article on how to change an employee from full-time, part-time, or casual for more detailed information. However, this is a complex issue, and it would also be best to seek guidance with your payroll advisor or HR while doing the process. Let me know if you have other queries!

Kind regards,

Shella

allliftcranes
      User

Hi Shella

I couldn't deselect the employee off the pay item. I did create a Full Time Overtime pay item and this has worked thankyou.