Forum Discussion

4 months ago
Solved

incorrect overtime payment

when I pay a staff member 0.5 of an hours overtime they only receive 75c. This is despite the correct overtime rate being entered on their employee record. This has happened twice to the same employee this month.
If I pay this same employee 2.5 hours overtime they get paid the correct amount.
What is going on?
Thanks CJ

• Hi dianerose21,

Thank you so much for your post and my apologies for the late response. 

Overtime refers to hours worked beyond the regular working hours. The compensation for overtime may vary depending on your workplace agreement or award, often entailing an elevated hourly rate, which can be 1.5 or 2 times the employee's standard hourly wage. Please see this help article for more information about: Overtime

Feel free to post again, we're happy to help!

Regards

Earl

2 Replies

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi dianerose21,

Thank you so much for your post and my apologies for the late response. 

Overtime refers to hours worked beyond the regular working hours. The compensation for overtime may vary depending on your workplace agreement or award, often entailing an elevated hourly rate, which can be 1.5 or 2 times the employee's standard hourly wage. Please see this help article for more information about: Overtime

Feel free to post again, we're happy to help!

Regards

Earl

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi dianerose21,

I hope you're doing well today. I wanted to follow up to see if you are still experiencing the issue. If so, please don't hesitate to post again, and one of us will be more than happy to assist you.

Regards,
    Earl