Forum Discussion

Anewbee
Experienced Cover User
2 years ago
Solved

Payroll Reporting Centre Status sent

Hi All

I put though all the payslips last week and all have been accepted except one has a sent status in the payroll reporting centre. I have checked the YTD verification report as well as the Payroll Register and Activity Reports and they all match. How would you suggest to fix the status to say accepted?

Thank you

• Hi Anewbee 

The Send update event button is the automated way of processing $0 pays to update the YTD amounts in STP. So you're correct that you can manually process a $0 pay.  Each report you send overrides the previous one, so it's a good idea to use the current date as the payment date as that will send the up-to-date amounts.

You can wait until the next pay run is processed as that will send the up-to-date YTD amounts. I'd only suggest doing this when your pay frequency is weekly as the ATO wants correct information at all times so you don't want to leave it too long.

How to send an update event

And you're very welcome. Don't hesitate to reach out if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Anewbee 

Thanks for your post. The status Sent means that the report has been sent and is waiting for a reply from the ATO. If the status doesn't update you can send an update event to resend the YTD amounts to the ATO. You can't change the status of the Sent report, however, the update event will ensure the latest YTD amounts have been reported.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Anewbee
      Experienced Cover User

Hi Tracey_H 

Thanks so much for your reply Tracey thats great info. I don’t have an update event button until I change to STP2 next month. So can I process a void Pay in AccountRight for this employee and follow the Myob instructions that I found on the MYOB community? Would I use todays date or the last pay date? Or would processing the next payslips this week fix the problem? Thanks for your assistance I really appreciate it!

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

Hi Anewbee 

The Send update event button is the automated way of processing $0 pays to update the YTD amounts in STP. So you're correct that you can manually process a $0 pay.  Each report you send overrides the previous one, so it's a good idea to use the current date as the payment date as that will send the up-to-date amounts.

You can wait until the next pay run is processed as that will send the up-to-date YTD amounts. I'd only suggest doing this when your pay frequency is weekly as the ATO wants correct information at all times so you don't want to leave it too long.

How to send an update event

And you're very welcome. Don't hesitate to reach out if you need further help.