Forum Discussion

ckre
Experienced Cover User
6 years ago
Solved

MYOB Payroll Activity Report does not agree to ATO Payroll Reporting Centre

We are a small business with only 7 employees (2 being directors who I wish to do payment summaries the 'old fashion way").  I commenced STP about a month ago and all seemed to be reporting OK.  I dont have any errors in the reports that I submitted.

HOWEVER, only 6 of the 7 employees appear on the ATO reporting centre and another 2 have incorrect Gross payments and Tax witheld amounts.  

I do NOT have any ETP's for the year and have also processed a zero pay run for those employees affected with no joy.  I have also updated to the v19.2.1

• BenchCBS ckre 

I’ve just seen a post by Hayden_B that the ATO have advised of delays for reports to appear due to the load on ATO servers today. 

Otherwise im fresh out of ideas 😔

Good luck

Tracey

21 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • We have the same problem! I ran the ATO STP verification report last night and compared against MYOb and all good. All I've done today is update to the latest version and run todays payroll, and somehow the STP report is now LESS than it was last night and there is so much data missing!! I suspect something not quite right with the Compliance update!! 

BenchCBS
      Experienced Cover User

I have run our verification report and found the following;

All correct except two employees who were terminated this financial year but prior to commencing STP are not showing up on the ATO verification report. When I deduct their figures, everything else matches between MYOB and the ATO.

Do I need to remove their termination dates and do a zero $ pay run for the two employees to get their figures to the ATO?

Thanks

bungy15
        Ultimate Cover User

Hi BenchCBS 

Yes doing a $0 pay for terminated employees will create an update event and push their figures through to the ATO.

Cheers

Tracey

ckre
      Experienced Cover User

If you're correct, I hope we get it sorted quickly!

I think my problem may be more complicated than yours.

BenchCBS
        Experienced Cover User

Keep in mind, (which you have probably already realised), the ATO report splits out categories of payments. Gross on the ATO does not include allowances, lump sum payments, pAYG withholding, etc. They are all totaled seperately, whereas MYOB gross includes everything.

Kristelle
    Trusted Cover User

I have found the same thing. Have 7 employees, no terminated ones or anything. Went to the payroll processing centre & 3 of our employess have 0.00 under gross payments. There is a figure under the PAYG withholding though. They are all in the same payroll category & I've checked it & it has been assigned to gross payments for ATO reporting. Any ideas why their figures are missing? Am on hold with support, but not getting far.

bungy15
      Ultimate Cover User

Hi Kristelle 

Try running  a $0 pay for the employees with missing amounts and see if it pushes their correct figures through. You may have to wait for your STP report to appear because of the heavy load on ATO servers today

Cheers

Tracey

Kristelle
        Trusted Cover User

Interesting turn, I've just checked the STP payrun summary report that was lodged today & all the figures are in there, including the missing ones, against the correct people. So it seems that maybe they have gone through correctly? 

I don't know, I'm confused. Seems like a great idea, this STP, but maybe there's some ironing out to be done.