Forum Discussion

euroform
Contributing User
5 years ago
Solved

Payroll Reporting Centre - Incorrect YTD's in EOFY Finalisation screen

I'm comparing past and current employee YTD earnings in the Payroll Reporting Centre (EOFY Finalisation screen) against Payroll Activity Summary Report information. Some (but not all) terminated employee's YTD's on the Payroll Reporting Centre EOFY Finalisation screen are incorrect. However, when i look back at the YTD data reported to the ATO at the time of their final pay, the YTD info was correct then. I'm concerned that I won't be able to submit accurate EOFY Finalisation information to the ATO. Please Help!

• Hi Andrew_Y 

Thanks for your reply. I have resolved this issue by running $0.00 pays for the affected employees, as recommended by the STP support team.

9 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hello euroform 

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forums and thank you for taking your time to post your issue.

Is it possible to know if you are getting incorrect YTD for specific categories for those particular employees or for all YTD categories for those employees? If it is happening to a handful of employees it may be worthwhile checking their (the affected employees) equivalent setups against those who are coming through correctly.

You may find this article regarding Terminating an employee in STP reporting useful.

To assist in trying to find what is causing the discrepancy, any additional specifics about the area in which they are occurring, and what scope of them happening would be most helpful and greatly appreciated.

euroform
      Contributing User

Hi Andrew_Y 

Thanks for your reply. I have resolved this issue by running $0.00 pays for the affected employees, as recommended by the STP support team.

Harry_Marriott
    Contributing Cover User

Yes I have the same problem to, I do not understand why this is?

Hopefully someone can help

Harry_Marriott
      Contributing Cover User

Thankyou everyone for your advice.

I did de terminate some employees, complete a zero pay and sent to the ATO.

This fixed the problem and made the EOY finalisition report agree to YTD,

Thank you again

Regards

Harry

Andrew_Y
      Former Staff

Hello Harry_Marriott 

With the way STP works, it is constantly giving a new YTD figure to the ATO when you report your payruns.  If you have some employees that have not had a payrun after you started using STP (such as terminated employees) then they are essentially left out of STP reporting up until you  include them by replicating an Update Event ( reported $0 pay ) for them.

If some figures seem a bit off as well, pushing the next YTD figures can be considered as a sort of doublecheck to make sure all the latest information is included.

martinha1395
        User

I've a similar problem with the EOFY STP Report being out, but processing a zero pay for existing employees hasn't fixed the problem.

Being left on hold with the STP Team for 2.5 hours doesn't help.

I'm guessing someone there in India gave this one up as "too hard" and felt its easier to leave the Customer in limbo.

Wonder if MYOB use the same call centre as the NBN