Forum Discussion

Feebie
Trusted Cover User
2 years ago
Solved

Why do we have to set up PAY SUPER- we already report super thru PAY LIABILITIES direct to ATO Clearing House?

Why do we have to set up PAY SUPER when we already report super thru PAY LIABILITIES direct to ATO Clearing House? For the sake of one employee now wanting to change to a SMSF fund, why do we need to do this, when we have all the information for the fund - compliance etc... and we could just add it to the list

I posted this same question days ago, and have not yet had a reply.  If I have this wrong, can someone please let me know.  I need to be able to add the new Super Fun and then pay the same way as we have been doing for years - thru the PAY LIABILITIES, superannuation and the dates, lodge thru the portal with the ATO - then make a payment to the ATO Clearing House.

• Hi Feebie 

Sorry to see that no one has replied to you yet. On the Community Forum we encourage users to offer advice and assistance, as such, you won't always receive an immediate response from an MYOB Moderator. If you require immediate assistance we recommend contacting our phone or Live Chat teams.

To assist with your query, you don't have to sign up for Pay Super. You won't be able to create a SMSF in the Super funds list if you're not using Pay Super, however, you can store the SMSF details in the clearing house and select them when paying super contributions.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Feebie
    Trusted Cover User

Why do we have to set up PAY SUPER when we already report super thru PAY LIABILITIES direct to ATO Clearing House?  For the sake of one employee now wanting to change to a SMSF fund, why do we need to do this, when we have all the information for the fund - compliance etc... and we could just add it to the list

Feebie
      Trusted Cover User

I'm posting this here in this topic as I have been waiting for a reply since Monday and may have put the question under the wrong banner.  I would like to know why we have to set up PAY SUPER when we already report super using PAY LIABILITIES method and send payment monthly direct to ATO Clearing House? We now have one employee wanting to change to a SMSF fund and we can't add it to the list in MYOB AR.  Why is that we have to set up a whole new way to do this, when we could simply could just add it to the list like any other fund.

If I have this wrong, can someone please let me know. Thank you.

Feebie
    Trusted Cover User

It would be really good to have an answer to this please - been waiting all week.  Do I need to cancel the ATO Clearing House and start fresh with PAY SUPER.  Please let me know if I'm not understanding this correctly.

Thank you

• Hi Feebie 

Sorry to see that no one has replied to you yet. On the Community Forum we encourage users to offer advice and assistance, as such, you won't always receive an immediate response from an MYOB Moderator. If you require immediate assistance we recommend contacting our phone or Live Chat teams.

To assist with your query, you don't have to sign up for Pay Super. You won't be able to create a SMSF in the Super funds list if you're not using Pay Super, however, you can store the SMSF details in the clearing house and select them when paying super contributions.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Feebie
      Trusted Cover User

Ohhh - Thank you Tracey for making this more clear for me - much appreciated.

Kind regards

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

Hi Feebie 

You're very welcome. Please don't hesitate to post again if you need help in the future.