Forum Discussion

LM5
User
3 years ago

General ledger doesn't match balance sheet report

The balance sheet figure for bank accounts does not match the general ledger.  Unable to reconcile the bank accounts.  All transactions are allocated and all reports on cash basis.  When you click on the balance sheet item to see the detail the closing balance is as it should be but it is not reporting the same figure. Can someone please advise how to fix this.

Thanks

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    LRBooks61
    Ultimate Cover User

Hi

I suggest the first thing to do is to reconcile your bank account.

If you reconcile you will be able to see where the error is

Forninstance I had. Petty cash cheque that was drawn on 30/6 but not cashed at the bank until this week 

hence I reconciled my bank account perfectly - but I knew there was an outstanding cheque so the balance sheet is different to the reconciliation report but the same as the gl

Once you manually reconcile your bank you will see if there are some additional transactions or perhaps some omitted transactions 

See if that provides some answers before you start digging deeper

Lisa

LM5
      User

Thanks Lisa

Its not the bank rec there is nothing outstanding, it just doesn't seem to recognise some of the transactions. 

The balance sheet report does not balance.  The general ledger looks fine, something has gone astray perhaps with the upgrade