Forum Discussion

IanChait
Ultimate Partner
2 years ago

GST Return

Hi

How do you select the radio tab to display monthly W1 & W2 figures in the GST Return.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Shella_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi IanChait 

Thank you for your post. Using the GST return report to help you manually complete your Business Activity Statement (BAS) at the end of each period (Australia) or the GST Return (New Zealand). Choose the dates you need to include, then copy the values from the report into the BAS form you send to the ATO or GST Return you file with the IRD. Only transactions which incur GST will be listed.

The GST return report contains summary information - for detailed information about the GST collected and paid for each of your GST codes, refer to the GST report.

1. In the Business reports section of the Reports page, click GST return report.
    2. Filter the report as required:
      • Set a date range (if you want it to monthly)
      • Choose the accounting method
      • (Australia only) select whether to calculate the Monthly PAYG Withholding (W1 and W2 fields)
    3. Click Report options for additional filters.
      The report automatically refreshes based on whatever filter or report options you choose. The Total column indicates if you might need to record a payment to the ATO or IRD or receive a refund from them, based on the report settings.

You can export the report as an Excel spreadsheet or PDF by clicking Export. For PDFs, you can also choose which style template you want to use.

Note that you must enable editing of the spreadsheet from within Excel. If editing is disabled, the spreadsheet will not display the totals calculated in the report.

If you need further help, don't hesitate to start a new post and we'll be happy to assist.

Otherwise, if my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,

Shella_A

IanChait
      Ultimate Partner

Hi Shella_A 

Thank you for attempting to answer my question. Unfortunately it doesn't help.

I know how to use the GST Return, so I don't need a paste and copy reply. 

I need to know specifically how to select Monthly Withholding  as it does not allow me to tick it.

Shella_A
        MYOB Moderator

Hi IanChait 

Thank you for the response. I am sorry if you are still unable to select the Monthly Withholding on your end. May you please try to log out of the file, clear browser cache and log in to the file again. This should make the option visible again. 

Let us know how you go on. 

Cheers,

Shella_A