Forum Discussion

Moenlm
User
8 days ago

Invoiced COGS - Expense recording

Hi. I have recently started an airbnb hosting/cleaning business. I invoice my clients for the cleaning/hosting service and also any supplies like coffee, tea etc that I buy on their behalf. My question is after I have invoiced them do I also track the supplies as an expense? If so how do I do that? 

2 Replies

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Moenlm ,

Yes, after invoicing your clients for the cleaning/hosting service and supplies purchased on their behalf, it's essential to track these supplies as expenses in your MYOB records. Categorize these expenses under "Supplies Expense" or a similar category in your accounting software. Be sure to document receipts for proof and accurate record-keeping. For more detailed guidance on managing expenses in MYOB, I recommend visiting this helpful article.

Cost of goods sold (COGS): What it is and how to calculate it

I hope this helps!

Regards,
    Earl

• Thanks Earl_HD  Read the article and it seems I need an additional accounting system. Can the invoiced expenses be recorded by creating a bill in MYOB? I am very new to all of this and want to keep it as simple as possible without having to pay for additional features.