Forum Discussion

Shadoxity
Contributing User
5 years ago
Solved

MYOB EXO CRM - run sales analysis gives error locating or opening file

Does anyone have an idea on how to fix this? MYOB Exo CRM. When clicking Reports > Sales Report > Run sales analysis Report   It comes up with "Error locating or opening file"   Any idea what ...
    5 years ago

Hi Shadoxity ,

Thanks for reaching out to the MYOB community forum.  It's always great to see such well-written questions that show an interest in the reports in Exo Business.

The solution to the error message

Use the Menu Designer to add a parameter to the procedure call, an example is below:

It's looking for .SAM files in your Clarity Masters or Custom Clarity folders

This option should be set up with a parameter for the report to be called. 

Reasons for the error message

The cannot locate file message comes up because no name is specified, or because the name specified doesn't exist. The Run Sales Analysis Report procedure is exactly like the Run Clarity Report procedure, except designed for .SAM files.

You can configure SAM files using the Sales Analysis Designer option.  

There's a full whitepaper on the Sales Analysis Matrix in the Exo Education Centre.  

I would note, programming effective Sales Analysis Matrices is tricky, both to get your head around the structures in use, but also to make them perform ok.  Poorly programmed Sales Analysis Matrix can take a very long time to run reports on, and slow your system right down, so I'd recommend in general to make sure any design work you do is either:

• Done outside of normal business hours.
    • Tested in a non-live database

So you aren't blocking people entering sales orders/invoices if it turns out the query you ran is slow.

Note also, because it's such an in-depth area, I strongly recommend talking to your business partner if you get stuck, or you would like some tips on fields to work with.