Forum Discussion

ch742
Contributing User
5 years ago
Solved

Pre-Conversion Sales in Foreign Currency

I am trying to enter my pre-conversion sales for unpaid USD/AUD/EUR invoices.  It looks like once I change the Customer Default Currency to anything other than NZD the customer disappears from the list of those available on the dop-down list and I can't enter a pre-conversion sale.  That can't be right? What am I doing wrong here?

• Hi ch742 

Currently, being what the software is currently capable of. Changes to that functionality may come in future updates, but not something the software can actually achieve in the AccountRight 2019.2 product release.

The focus for the next update in terms of multi-currency is around the printing/emailing of foreign currency customer statements, endpoints for the AccountRight API and item pricing. At this stage, we've not had any time frame for when conversion transactions will be able to be entered into as a foreign currency.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi ch742 

Currently, pre-conversion transactions are only available for customers or suppliers where the default currency is listed as being NZD or AUD.

If you do need to enter a pre-conversion transaction for a foreign currency customer or supplier I would recommend working out the local currency value for that transaction and entering that as the transaction. Note: You will need to update the default currency for that customer or supplier card to be the local currency to record that transaction, it can be changed afterwards if needed.

ch742
      Contributing User

Thanks Steven_M . 

Will you please confirm that "Currently...." means that this is being worked on?  We have very few customers who are NZD or AUD.

Thanks!

Steven_M
        Former Staff

Hi ch742 

Currently, being what the software is currently capable of. Changes to that functionality may come in future updates, but not something the software can actually achieve in the AccountRight 2019.2 product release.

The focus for the next update in terms of multi-currency is around the printing/emailing of foreign currency customer statements, endpoints for the AccountRight API and item pricing. At this stage, we've not had any time frame for when conversion transactions will be able to be entered into as a foreign currency.