Forum Discussion

Blucom_SA
Contributing Cover User
4 years ago

Wrong Currency displpayed on invoices and purchases

I have recently upgraded to Accountright 2021. All my invoices/purchases have the wrong currency symbol  ($) in the unit price column only, but then the correct currency symbol in the sub total and totals columns. I have checked the system currency settings and they are correct. Why is there 2 different symbols on the same invoice/purchases?

I have attached a picture to illustrate the issue

Many thanks 

Derek

Johannesburg

• Hi Blucom_SA 

While AccountRight will take the currency settings from within Windows certain fields would be hard-coded to display the dollar symbol*. As these values are hard coded they are not able to be changed by the user to have a different currency symbol such as the Windows currency symbol displayed.

*The dollar symbol being the most common currency form in Australia and New Zealand markets. 

8 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Blucom_SA 

While AccountRight will take the currency settings from within Windows certain fields would be hard-coded to display the dollar symbol*. As these values are hard coded they are not able to be changed by the user to have a different currency symbol such as the Windows currency symbol displayed.

*The dollar symbol being the most common currency form in Australia and New Zealand markets. 

Blucom_SA
      Contributing Cover User

I can understand that it has been hard coded, but this was not the case with all the other versions? 

Blucom_SA
        Contributing Cover User

How do you handle multiple currencies (as advertised) if the $ sign is hard coded into the program. It would make more sense to have left the sign out of the unit price altogether (as the currency appears in the subtotal column which is specified by the user)?  I fail to see why the limitation was introduced now in this version when it wasnt there before. what you have now created is a problem that when the user specifies a currency your software does its own thing and puts the $ sign as a hard code.