Forum Discussion

sarahh02
Experienced User
6 years ago
Solved

Payday filing

Hi there,

i have done my first pay with Payday filing.  When i upload the file to MyIR i get an error message.  I have attached the 2 screens that appear.  It would appear the first line of the data is not correct.  Can you please let me know what is going on?

Cheers

Sarah

• Hi sarahh02 

Great to hear that you have managed to lodge that correct form.

My understanding, and it might be something that you want to check with the IRD, is that you can only start PayDay filing at the start of the month. So if you have already reported or lodge a return with the IRD for the month i.e. a half-monthly return you will not be able to start PayDay filing until next month. However, based on the fact that you have generated that file and uploaded it to that point it sounds like you are all good to go when required to.

8 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Julie_McKenzie
    Trusted Cover User

Hi Sarah

I think you will find its because you have no contact name in payroll - under tools - options 

sarahh02
      Experienced User

No Julie, I definitely have a Contact name.  The CSV file first record starts with HEI and the error message says it should be HDR.

Not sure how i can influence this at all.

Cheers

Sarah

Steven_M
        Former Staff

Hi sarahh02 

Based on the screenshots you are uploading it looks like you are attempting to upload an EMS rather than the new pay day filing process. I would recommend ensuring that you have selected the File transfer pay day schedules option on the File Transfer section of the IRD website.

We also have a really good online self-paced training course that will cover the Payday filing process from end to end (MYOB Software to the IRD site). You can check it out and enrol through MYOB Academy: Payday filing. Note: There is a slight cost associated with that course.

jenniek
    Ultimate Partner

Hi sarahh02 

Found today that you can't have - (dashes) in the phone number either. Alos are you uploading through the March date that comes up on the screen - then go to File transfer - not the other way around.