Forum Discussion

ChelseaT
Experienced User
12 days ago

EOFY Reconciliation - Salary Sacrifice

I am reconciling year-to-date payroll, and the Salary Sacrifice superannuation amounts are correctly reported on the Payroll Activity Summary report however the STP Year-To-Date Verification Report is not showing the same figures.

Each employee who is set up is with the settings below, so I am unsure as to why the two reports differ.

Hoping someone can provide some guidance on this - perhaps there is something I am missing.

Thank you.

3 Replies

Princess_R
    MYOB Moderator

Hi ChelseaT,

I see you're doing your EOFY payroll reconciliation and noticed some differences between your Payroll Activity Summary report and the STP Year-To-Date Verification Report. No worries, I'm here to help you out! In STP 2, gross wages are no longer reduced by the salary sacrifice amount. Under the EOFY Finalization tab, against the employee name, there are three dots that will show the individual summary payments as a breakdown of other pay items that are not reported as gross payments. If you add these gross YTDs to the verification report, everything should match. If there's anything you need assistance with, feel free to create a post again.

Cheers,

Princess

ChelseaT
      Experienced User

Hi

I am referring to the Payroll Activity Summary - the total of the salary sacrifice amounts in the deduction column does not match the total Salary Sacrifice (RESC) amount on the STP Year-To-Date Verification report.   I am unable to work out why some of the salary sacrifice amounts are not being reported on the Year-To-Date Verification report.  The amounts on the Payroll Activity Summary reconcile with each of the individual employees who are set up with Salary Sacrificing however these figures are not being reflected on the Year-To-Date Verification reports.  For example - one employee has salary sacrifice totalling $1,350 for the FY however the STP Summary of Payments for this employee only shows $300.  Another salary sacrifices their whole wage which totals $11,641 YTD but the STP Summary of Payments shows nil balances for everything.  

Princess_R
        MYOB Moderator

Hi ChelseaT,

Thanks for clarifying your concern with the reports. The differences you're noticing could be because of a few things, like how salary sacrifice is set up or issues with how reporting categories are assigned. It's a bit tricky to tackle without digging deeper. Start by double-checking the monthly payroll activity detail report against the payroll register and the employee's pay history. This could help you spot where the differences are coming from and how to adjust them. If you're still stuck with the reports, head over to our help sites like myob.com/support or myaccount.myob.com to find MOCA, our virtual assistant. If MOCA can't help, you'll be automatically directed to our live chat team.

Cheers,

Princess