Forum Discussion

cramptons
Experienced Cover User
5 months ago

ETP Death Benefit

When paying a deceased employees entitlements to the Trustee of his estate, what are the MYOB categories that I put these payments against??

If I put it as a payroll category it will cause the EOFY with STP reporting to not balance, as I believe the payment of entitlements to a Trust for a deceased employee, is 'non-reportable' and  excluded from payment summary.

And, do I over ride the 'Employers wage Expense account' , so that it doesn't show up on the EOFY figures??

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi cramptons

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your employee. Regarding your concern about the categories to put against each payment, I'm afraid I am not allowed to provide any financial advice especially which category to use. But no worries, I have provided here a link that will guide you. I also recommend speaking to your accountant for more information. If there's anything you need assistance with, feel free to create a post again.

Best regards,

Doreen

cramptons
      Experienced Cover User

Can you possibly tell me if Leave Loading is payable on the accrued AL that is owing,  folowing the death of employee??

Looking for something else?

Search the Community Forum for answers or find your topic and get the conversation started!

Community home

Dig into MYOB Academy for free courses, learning paths and live events to help build your business with MYOB.