Forum Discussion

Outbackwork
Experienced User
8 months ago
Solved

MYOB & Flare employee benefits program

Hi,

I have some questions regarding the benefits program.

If we as an employer sign up, are new employees able to be automatically asked by MYOB onboarding whether they consent to being signed up?  Otherwise I'm concerned that employers forwarding employee contact details to a thrid party (Flare) is a breach of confidentiality.

I'm struggling to locate Flare's privacy policy to ensure I'm not exposing employee email addresses to be forwarded on by Flare to further third parties & possible SCAM emails etc.  Could you please forward the privacy policy to me or make it available foor everyone upfront at the sign up page, before we click on "I consent to active my employee benefits" ?

I've looked these questions up on this community forum and can see a couple of similar posts that are a couple of months old that weren't answered by MYOB at all, but I'm really hoping you can answer these questions so we can make informed decisions as employers.

Thank you.

• Hi Outbackwork

Thanks for your post! I understand your concerns relating to confidentiality and managed to gather some relevant information pertaining to your post. Flare does not commoditise or sell customer data. Data is only provided to external parties to help meet obligations or to provide or help improve services to customers. To learn more please find the link for Flare's Privacy policy  https://www.flarehr.com/privacy-policy

In terms of signing up to Flare, once they are signed up, all employees are automatically invited to join the benefits program. It is the employee's choice to opt in/not and can simply ignore the invite to benefits email.

Hope this helps and do let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks

Priya

6 Replies

• Hi Outbackwork

Thanks for your post! I understand your concerns relating to confidentiality and managed to gather some relevant information pertaining to your post. Flare does not commoditise or sell customer data. Data is only provided to external parties to help meet obligations or to provide or help improve services to customers. To learn more please find the link for Flare's Privacy policy  https://www.flarehr.com/privacy-policy

In terms of signing up to Flare, once they are signed up, all employees are automatically invited to join the benefits program. It is the employee's choice to opt in/not and can simply ignore the invite to benefits email.

Hope this helps and do let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks

Priya

jenni
      Experienced Cover User

Hi,

From the previous response:

"In terms of signing up to Flare, once they (being the EMPLOYER) are signed up, all employees are automatically invited to join the benefits program. It is the employee's choice to opt in/not and can simply ignore the invite to benefits email."

Regarding the above, as the employer, we have not signed up to Flare and have no intention of doing so. 

I have just received an email from MYOB asking me to send out an "Updating" onboarding email to ask employees to click the link and confirm/update their details which directly updates in their MYOB payroll card.  Sounds great right! 

This seemed like a great idea until I tested on myself and found out that within the process of the update info request MYOB are asking employees DIRECTLY if they want to use Flare employee benefits which BYPASSES the Employer offering the benefits.  There is no way NOT to accept this.  We DO NOT plan on offering this so am wondering why this has been "slipped" into the onboarding update without mention of it in the email received from MYOB.... or the list of what the employee will receive via the email!  Flare has nothing to do with checking that employee details are current/correct or not.  I feel like it's a marketing exercise by MYOB to push us into using Flare.

Has anyone else found this?

Thanks,

Jenni

ItaiMYOB
        MYOB Product Manager

Hi jenni 

Thanks for raising your concern to us.

You are correct in saying that if you are not signed up to benefits, you are meant to be able to choose whether an employee is invited to the Flare benefits program or not.

Below is a screenshot of the Information Request you can send to employees. I've placed a red circle around the section you can opt out of. (This screenshot is from the browser, but the same applies to desktop).

If you do not see this option, then it means the business file may have been inadvertently signed up to benefits at one point. In which case, I'd be happy to help you reverse that for you.

Please have a look and see if you have the option above, and if not, please send me a private message with your business serial number.

To answer your second question about what the employee receives if they do get the invite from the business, you can preview the screens they'd see towards the bottom of this page: Getting employees to check their details (myob.com)

The email would simply be instructions to download the app itself. In terms of what is offered in the app, that does change over time, so the best way to investigate that would be to use that invite you've sent yourself to access the app and have a play around.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Itai

• Hi Outbackwork 

Thanks for marking this post as an Accepted solution. I will close this conversation and please feel free to start a new post in the future.

Cheers

Priya Selvaraj