Forum Discussion

nwoon
Contributing User
4 years ago
Solved

Accessing Budget from Sales

Hi,

In previous MYOB versions, I could access the Budget from the Sales>Job window. Now it seems like I can't do this. The Budget button is blurred out. This is the same for the Purchases window. I can however access it by going to Lists>Jobs etc, but this is not as efficient as the previous method. I have Administrator rights as well.

Please see screenshots.

Is there a way for this to be accessible?

Thanks

• Hi nwoon 

You are correct that AccountRight Classic did use a different process, however, with AccountRight 2020 that particular job does need to be recorded in the company file before a job budget can be added. To my knowledge, we don't have any immediate plans to review this functionality in the AccountRight 2020 product range.

Within AccountRight 2020, after the job has been created you would need to add the budget through the Job Lists window. That could happen before recording the transaction or whilst in the transaction* both completed via the Lists>>Jobs. This budget can't be added at the time of the initial creation of the job.

*Create the job first through the New option, then whilst the Enter Sales window is open you select to open Lists>>Jobs>>Bring up the now recorded job and to enter the budget information.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi nwoon 

AccountRight 2020 will allow the user to enter a budget for a created job through Lists>>Jobs.

Using the New option in the Job List window and through a transaction, will generate the necessary Job window, but as you have not selected to save the job (at that point) it will not have the budget option available. Once that job record has been saved i.e. the user selects Ok the job record is created in the database and thus a budget can be added.

nwoon
      Contributing User

Thanks Steven,

In previous MYOB versions, I was able to do this for new jobs, without having to record it first.

Due to our current workflow process, the Budget and Job creation can happen at the same time. Is there a way around this?

What happens if we want to enter a New Sale for an existing Job, and we want to access the Budget feature?

nick

Steven_M
        Former Staff

Hi nwoon 

You are correct that AccountRight Classic did use a different process, however, with AccountRight 2020 that particular job does need to be recorded in the company file before a job budget can be added. To my knowledge, we don't have any immediate plans to review this functionality in the AccountRight 2020 product range.

Within AccountRight 2020, after the job has been created you would need to add the budget through the Job Lists window. That could happen before recording the transaction or whilst in the transaction* both completed via the Lists>>Jobs. This budget can't be added at the time of the initial creation of the job.

*Create the job first through the New option, then whilst the Enter Sales window is open you select to open Lists>>Jobs>>Bring up the now recorded job and to enter the budget information.