Forum Discussion

OzCrop2019
Contributing User
3 years ago
Solved

Cost of Sale not appearing in Report

Hi , just wondering why the cost didn't pick up here?

I have checked I ticked all the boxed ( buy, sell and inventory the item.) just have no idea where I missed here

OzCrop2019
    3 years ago

Thanks Mike to point out this. yes it seems like there is something wrong with the opening value back in ealry 2021. sincing I couldn't change anything back then. I will just do an inventory adjustment for the opening value . thx!

7 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Mike_James
    Ultimate Partner

Hi OzCrop2019 , there's not enough information here. Can you provide an extract of the item register, showing that previous entries had costs of sale, and/or back to a previous purchase, so we can see what the cost should have been. Blank out any sensitive information. 

If you are sure the cost should not have been zero, try editing the sale, add a fullstop to the journal memo, and click OK. Does the report now show the correct cost?

OzCrop2019
      Contributing User

Mike,

yes previously picked up COGS ,Not sure why this time doesn't..attached.

what do you mean add a full stop . Like this?. i don't think its working as I re run the report.

Mike_James
        Ultimate Partner

Hi OzCrop2019 , on the face of it, the last 80 units were held at zero cost. If you print the item register report for the same product and date range, does it show the same balance? This is a public forum, so take care to hide sensitive data when posting any information.