Forum Discussion

NaserAlsheikh
Contributing User
12 months ago
Solved

Duplicate Purchase Orders

Hi all,

When creating new purchases, the system is duplicating old purchase order numbers instead of picking up the next available number. I fixed this manually once before, but the same issue happened again. Please advise 

• Hi NaserAlsheikh 

Thank you for posting.

Like other reference numbers in the AccountRight software, the Purchase Order number system works on an auto number sequence. This will be where it will take the last recorded transaction as the basis for the next purchase order number (For example, if you record a purchase order with a purchase order number 00000010, the next purchase order would have 00000011 then 00000012, 00000013...).

If you are finding the sequence not working as expected, what you can do is manually enter the required number into the transaction and record the transactions. This should update the purchase order number sequence so that the next transactions would have the required number. Note: this process may need to be completed multiple times.

I also suggest that you enable Setup >> Preferences >> Purchases >> Warn for duplicate Purchase Order numbers. This will warn the user within the Enter Purchase window that a duplicate purchase order number has been used and potentially prevent duplication of the number.

Please feel free to post again. I'm happy to assist further.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Sean_DC
    MYOB Moderator

Hi NaserAlsheikh 

Thank you for posting.

Like other reference numbers in the AccountRight software, the Purchase Order number system works on an auto number sequence. This will be where it will take the last recorded transaction as the basis for the next purchase order number (For example, if you record a purchase order with a purchase order number 00000010, the next purchase order would have 00000011 then 00000012, 00000013...).

If you are finding the sequence not working as expected, what you can do is manually enter the required number into the transaction and record the transactions. This should update the purchase order number sequence so that the next transactions would have the required number. Note: this process may need to be completed multiple times.

I also suggest that you enable Setup >> Preferences >> Purchases >> Warn for duplicate Purchase Order numbers. This will warn the user within the Enter Purchase window that a duplicate purchase order number has been used and potentially prevent duplication of the number.

Please feel free to post again. I'm happy to assist further.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.