Forum Discussion

Elisem
Partner
2 years ago

Entering Hyperlinks on Invoices

I have read all the posts related inserting hyperlink in myob invoice template and tried but still not working.  

I have pasted the link in a text box but when I print it as pdf, it's unable to re-direct to the webpage. I can see the link on the invoice but its only text not a link.

Look forwards to getting a reply.

8 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    H-TS
    Trusted User

Hi, Links work on our invoices.

I think the difference is if you use the "Send to disk" option rather than "print to PDF". If you're using a print to pdf 'printer' then it's really turning it into an image rather than an editable/linkable document. I don't know the technical terms for all that (obviously :smileyvery-happy: ) but I know the links are working on our invoices.

Both methods create a pdf but send to disk should keep the link as a link.

Elisem
      Partner

Thanks for this, however, its still not working.  Did you put the link in as text as its not coming up on the formating as a hyperlink, its just text.  I tried "send to disk" no success.  I am not able to cut and past the hyperlink into the invoice - looks  like I am doing something wrong

H-TS
        Trusted User

Hmm. Sorry it wasn't that simple. 

I'm pretty sure ours is just in a normal text box. However, it is in a separate box all of its own with no other text, so maybe that makes the pdf program read it as a link?

So instead of saying "click here www.websiteaddress.com.au" in the text box, we have it split into "click here" and "www.websiteaddress.com.au".

That's the only other suggestion I have, sorry. And you might have tried it already. This is what ours looks like in the customise forms window.

Good luck!