Forum Discussion

2 years ago

GW tax code not appearing in Shopify-MYOB integration plugin

Hi,

I'm using a third party plugin to connect Shopify with MYOB to sync prices, inventories, and invoices. Overall, it worked well except for when an invoice is created. I cannot set the correct tax code which is "GW" because while other tax code are appearing, the "GW" tax code doesnt. I've tried another third party plugin and it seems to run into similar issue.

I suspect MYOB is not sending out the API of the "GW" tax code and I think that was a mistake as other tax codes can be retrieved. Here is a comment from one of the providers:

"I think because the tax type (GW) is consolidated Myob may not provide it to us and suppress it."

So my question, is MYOB suppressing the GW tax code? If so, how do I create a similar tax code that is not suppressed by MYOB?

Your input or assistance is appreciated. Thanks.

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Mike_James
    Ultimate Partner

Hi Somm-Wine-Admin , at present (version 2023.1), consolidated tax codes cannot be processed by the API.

See https://apisupport.myob.com/hc/en-us/articles/6217191733135-Consolidated-Tax-Codes.

The only workaround I can see at present is to create a regular GST code with a rate equal to the sum of the rates in the consolidated GST code, and then do monthly journals in AccountRight to reallocate those amounts to other GL accounts and/or GST codes as required. 

Mike_James
        Ultimate Partner

Hi Somm-Wine-Admin , this workaround is only an idea of mine atm, and it depends how your file and GST codes are set up. 

I would consider setting up a separate account for this new GST code, which I presume would apply to income, and would therefore collect credits. 

So then each month I would transfer out of that account (by GL journal) the appropriate portion to accounts for each of the component GST codes, leaving a nil balance each month. The simplest journals would only use N-T codes, and therefore the credits on that journal would be the 'GST on income' figures for your GST reports, plus any other GST on non-Shopify transactions.